Tuesday 20 April 2010

Now for the next bit...

First of all, thanks for all your comments, congratulations and felicitations - they make me extra happy.

Today, tomorrow and Thursday I will spend doing all the stuff that I had planned to do last week - checking the wares, packing decoration and supplies, buying some foodstuff so that I won't starve in Freienfels, and doing soma last-minute preparations. I'll also do the rest of preparations necessary for the kids' workshop on spinning and fingerloop braiding that I will be giving there - and I am totally looking forward to that!

Since that is plenty to do for the remaining days, there won't be much else happening here. However, this is just once more proof that the week before the season starts has to be insanely busy.... because that is one of Murphy's Medieval Market Laws: You never get everything done during the winter.

Which reminds me of one of my favourite Living History jokes... says one LH guy to the other: "Oh, I will sew a new tent in the winter, and a new tunic, and a cloak - and I will build a bed, too." Answers the other: "Wow. That week before Freienfels is going to be really busy!"

No comments: